Wednesday 8 January 2014

...Alan Perl (update)

So, when I started this blog a few week's ago I made my second post explaining why it was so-called and set out my first task, to locate Alan Perl.

Shortly afterwards I did find an address for a namesake, and of the right age and a letter has been sent... but no news yet.

What did happen that was rather strange was that after a few years of searching it just so happened that the day I decided to start this blog was also the day that a rare publicity shot of Alan Perl in The Toy Wife appeared on Ebay. What are the chances? Duly purchased I share it here now. It's the only photo I can find of Alan Perl anywhere online:



"THE WITCHES'LL GET YOU IF YOU DON'T WATCH OUT"...Four-year-old Alan Perl, who appears as the son of Luise Rainer and Melvyn Douglas in M-G-M's "The Toy Wife," hides behind a teddy bear that growls when you squeeze it. Theresa Harris, as the negro maid, has just threatened dire things.
[MGM publicity still, 1937]



No comments:

Post a Comment